Friday, 11 September 2009

Amanda Palmer


1. Which book are you currently reading?
The End Of Nature by Bill McKibben

2. Do you smoke?
Only when drinking.

3. When was the last time you got angry?
A few days ago, at myself, for planning poorly.

4. When was the last time you laughed until you cried?
Probably at last week's video shoot seeing Neil Gaiman in the Bowie mullet wig.

5. Was there a movie where you could not bear to see the end?
In that I didn't WANT it to end, or I couldn't BEAR the actual ending? If the first.... "Wings of Desire". I want it to go on and on. If the later.... "Requiem for a Dream". Good GOD.

6. What character would you have liked to have played?
Hm. The balleria girl, Coquette i think her name is, in "King of Hearts".

7. "Law & Order", "Special Victim Unit" or "Criminal Intent"?
I've only ever seen "Law and Order", and only once. So I suppose my vote is void.

8. Who do you currently have a crush on?
I have a permanent crush on Jack Nicholson. Even old and fat and grey. I love him.

9. What's the best moment of your day?
All of it, baby. I'm not picky.

10. What song of yours do you think is your best?
Mrs. O, or possibly the new one I've just written, called "The Bed Song."



A one-woman machine who is a rock musician, artist, writer, yoga enthusiast, political activist and more – simplicity is not an easy thing to come by.
Born and raised in the Boston, "simple" has never been a way to describe Amanda Palmer's undeniable talent and passion for creating art. With years of theater and performance art studies under her belt, Palmer has always sought to merge the worlds of rock music, theater and performance art.


Amanda Palmer's website
Who Killed Amanda Palmer website
Amanda Palmer on Twitter
Amanda Palmer on Myspace
Amanda Palmer on Facebook
Party on the internet
The Dresden Dolls' website

11 comments:

  1. The character's name in King of Heart if "Coquelicot" - which means "poppy"...

    I suppose there were no better choice, Amanda ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Requiem for a dream is a hard one for me too... it's one of those movies that makes me feel like i've been punched hard in the stomach...

    guess that's the point though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I read McKibben's end of nature many years ago it influenced my life, studyinf geo science later.
    Everybody should read it.
    I knew Amanda is smart person...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm so happy you said Mrs. O
    you are so right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Amanda You would Be a Great Lead for
    " The Yellow Wall Paper"
    you would be amazing....... creeping"
    Its my #1 favorite

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never not been enamored with you (or The Dresden Dolls, for that matter) and this article just made me feel that much more confident in my choice in being a fan.

    You are fucking amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that we would get along, and you rocked in London! Im in New Zealand now, maybe you could come here one day, it wouldn't be like work to see this beautiful country!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Personally dicovered you thru 'On Demmand video' back when they listed vid for ASTONAUT. First few seconds of intro blew my fucking mind!! Raw emotion of attack on piano, and resst of song gave me chills. Made me feel like I had simultaneously invented the wheel and discovered electricity. Fucking AMAZING artistry/musicianship. Thank you AFP!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've just recently discovered you and i'm hooked!! Your amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. mrs o would have been my choice too :)

    ReplyDelete