Monday, 5 October 2009
Jon Weisnewski of Akimbo
1. Which book are you currently reading?
Methland. It's about meth.
2. Do you smoke?
No. Smoking is dumb.
3. When was the last time you got angry?
When I thought about how dumb smoking is just now.
4. When was the last time you laughed until you cried?
Monday night. The story is boring. Not gonna tell it.
5. Was there a movie where you could not bear to see the end?
When I was a little kid, I would cry at the end of Godzilla 1985 when they tricked him into jumping into a volcano. That shit is pretty unbearable for a little kid who loves monster movies.
6. What character would you have liked to have played?
The drunk hobo who gets crushed by Godzilla in slow motion. Or Godzilla.
7. "Law & Order", "Special Victim Unit" or "Criminal Intent"?
8. Who do you currently have a crush on?
The correct answer is "Maria" who is my girlfriend of five and a half years, but the honest truth is that crushes don't factor in when you're together for that long. Romance is dead, we just watch TV now. Joan from Mad Men is the closest thing I have to a crush.
9. What's the best moment of your day?
Getting blinded by the Xbox 360 splash screen on my 52" HDTV.
10. What song of yours do you think is your best?
Our new album Jersey Shores is one big song broken up into 6 tracks. That's my best song.
Hungrily devouring the corpses of Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath and The Who; dissecting the still quivering bodies of Black Flag and The Jesus Lizard; infusing the essence of the still beating heart of The Melvins...
Akimbo on Myspace