Saturday, 14 November 2009

Adam Hashemi


1. Which book are you currently reading?
Dreamwatcher by Theodore Roszak. He's the author of one of my favourite books, Flicker. Also just started reading Guns, Germs and Steel by Jared Diamond, and will soon read The Swarm by Frank Schätzing.

2. Do you smoke?
Yes.

3. When was the last time you got angry?
I was very angry ten minutes ago. Besides from then, never.

4. When was the last time you laughed until you cried?
OK, this wasn't the last time, but it's the most interesting time: I was playing basketball with a friend. Suddenly I hear a strange whizzing-sound and a black cat crashes down on my friends head, falling from the fifth floor. The cat lies dead on the ground, and miraculously, my friend is alright. He stares at the cat, and then at me and exclaims: "I just got a cat in the head". There's a short pause, then we both fall down on the ground laughing, probably releasing a lot of tension from the shock (I would never laugh at a thing like that normally, I had a cat of my own at the time). At that moment, the owner of the cat looked out of her window to see her dead cat, and my friend and I laughing until we cried.
This happened where I grew up, a building that was later renowned for its many cat suicides.

5. Was there a movie that you could not bear to see until its end?
Quite a lot of movies actually. Among them was Pasolini's Oedipus. The screeching solo flute soundtrack was driving me crazy.

6. What character would you have liked to have played?
Colonel Kurtz in Apocalypse Now. Or Colonel Sandurz in Spaceballs.

7. "Law & Order", "Special Victim Unit" or "Criminal Intent"?
Those are shows right? I'm more in to ol' school Sopranos and True Blood.

8. Who do you currently have a crush on?
That would have to be my girlfriend Stine, who's the funniest person I know.

9. What's the best moment of your day?
There's so little routine in my days that it's hard to talk about a favourite part. I like watching a good movie after doing my writing. When I feel like I've earned the right. If I don't feel I've earned the right, I watch a bad movie.

10. What film of yours do you think is your best?
I guess it would have to be my recent music vid 'Swim' for Oh No Ono. I'm constantly seeking a balance in my filmmaking, between seriousness and a grotesque form of comedy, and that video is the closest I've gotten. So far.



Adam Hashemi is a commercial and music videoclip director. Some of his commercials for: Carlsberg, Sony Ericsson, Volvo, AXA.

Adam Hashemi on Myspace
Adam Hashemi on Bacon
Adam Hashemi on Blink Productions


No comments:

Post a Comment