Sunday, 1 November 2009

Kathy R. Jeffords


1. Which book are you currently reading?
In my ideal world, I would have a full day each week to just lay around and read, because I do love it so. I started "Step, Ball, Change" by Jeanne Ray a few weeks ago, but got so busy it wound up abandoned after chapter two.

2. Do you smoke?
No.

3. When was the last time you got angry?
Probably when someone showed up at my home without calling first. That’s one of my biggest pet peeves. I joke that one day, I will own a house with a moat. (Not anti-company, necessarily, just pro-appointment.)

4. When was the last time you laughed until you cried?
I didn’t cry, but I almost wet my pants, does that count? My sister and I tried to make an America’s Funniest Home video moment by calling my brother-in-law at work and telling him we were going to run errands, moving our cars from their parking spaces, and then hiding in the house (specifically the shower in the upstairs bathroom) to make strange noises and scare him when he came home for lunch. While we planned the stunt, and then when he came in non-chalantly whistling, we laughed like hyenas – I’m surprised no ribs were broken in the process.
(For the record, we made strange noises for about ten minutes – only getting a not-really-interested “hey, what’s going on up there?” from him before I got paranoid that he’d called the cops or was about to attack us with a baseball bat and we came out from hiding and went downstairs... to find him calmly eating a sandwich, unbothered and unconcerned.)

5. Was there a movie that you could not bear to see until its end?
Not a movie, but the short summer CBS murder mystery series’ Harper’s Island – on one hand, I couldn’t wait to the end because I was just dying (pun not intended) to know who the killer was, but on the other hand, I didn’t want it to end and didn’t want to know who the killer was, because I was so invested in all of the characters (who were still alive) by that point and didn't want any of them to be the killer. It was a great, underrated (though gory) show.

6. What character would you have liked to have played?
One of the Golden Girls. They’re all awesome in their own way, so I couldn’t choose: Any of them. (Though I am probably most like Dorothy.)

7. "Law & Order", "Special Victim Unit" or "Criminal Intent"?
I’ve actually never seen any of these – am actually usually more of a medical drama girl.

8. Who do you currently have a crush on?
Adam Lambert and David Cook. I wanted to just name one, but choosing between them would be like choosing between pizza and chocolate. 9 times out of 10, given that choice, I’d say chocolate. But then I’d miss the pizza terribly and crave it all the time. (And, no, I’m not saying which is which, though I will admit I didn’t really pay much attention to David – despite my best friend being his biggest fan – until he joined Twitter. The way to my crushlist, apparently, is by being witty and using proper grammar and punctuation, even when limited to 140 characters!)

9. What's the best moment of your day?
When my sister, who lives several hours away from me calls & my 4 year old niece gets on the phone first hears my voice (or when I visit and she first lays eyes on me) and shouts, all excited, “KAAAATHY!!!!” It doesn’t happen everyday, but that’s my favorite moment of any day. You have no idea how important and loved that reaction makes me feel!

10. What painting of yours do you think is your best?
Well, I truly believe practice makes perfect and that with every painting, I get a little bit better --- looking back at some of my early stuff just makes me cringe now! So, though I could probably pick a personal favorite, I HOPE that my best so far is the last one I painted. Right now, that one would be “Family Portrait”, which is of my version of Frankenstein, his bride, and mummy baby.



Kathy R. Jeffords grew up wanting to be a novelist, majored in theatre in college, and somehow wound up being an artist. She paints bright and whimsical paintings of big-eyed girls (and occasionally boys and critters) but couldn’t abandon her love of stringing words together altogether --- most of her work has a story to go along it or incorporates quotes or phrases within the actual piece.

The Dreamy Giraffe site


No comments:

Post a Comment