Wednesday, 16 December 2009

Eux Autres


1. Which book are you currently reading?

HEATHER: I’m currently reading Chronic City, the new novel from Jonathan Lethem. It’s about Manhattan, where I live.

NICHOLAS: Mount Analogue by René Daumal


2. Do you smoke?

HEATHER: No. I gave it up, and I don’t miss it one bit.

NICHOLAS: Nope. Never have...maybe one pack total in my life.


3. When was the last time you got angry?

HEATHER: Yesterday, when Nick and I were recording. We get angry with each other a lot, but we get over it very quickly.

NICHOLAS: Yesterday, when we were recording.


4. When was the last time you laughed until you cried?

HEATHER: Two days ago, again with Nick. I said something so stupid it was hilarious. I laugh a lot in general. And when Nick and I are together, we laugh most of the time.

NICHOLAS: I think that happened a couple times in the recording studio over the last couple days.


5. Was there a movie that you could not bear to see until its end?

HEATHER: I think that would be Sixteen Candles. I’ve seen it more than any other movie. Or Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. Not very intellectual, I know.

NICHOLAS: I just saw Funny People. It's at least 45 minutes too long...but I did watch it, so I guess that's not a very good answer.


6. What character would you have liked to have played?

HEATHER: Dottie from Pee Wee's Big Adventure.

NICHOLAS: I'd like to play one of the old men that sits in the balcony on the Muppet Show.


7. "Law & Order", "Special Victim Unit" or "Criminal Intent"?

HEATHER: Special Victims Unit.

NICHOLAS: I have no idea what the difference is. I only know that our dad is obsessed with one or more of these shows.


8. Who do you currently have a crush on?

HEATHER: Lady Gaga. She is so weird.

NICHOLAS: The main character in the movie House of the Devil. Not sure what her name is.


9. What's the best moment of your day?

HEATHER: When I first wake up, and I pour myself some tea and hold the warm mug. I feel so hopeful and energized.

NICHOLAS: Drinking coffee in the morning. Right after it's started working its magic.


10. What song of yours do you think is your best?

HEATHER: I’m proudest of Other Girls because it was one of the first songs we ever wrote. So it felt like a miracle.

NICHOLAS: I think that I like Queen Turner the best at the moment. Maybe just because it's a newer one.


Eux Autres play pop music. The band originally consisted of brother and sister Heather and Nicholas Larimer. Heather played drums, Nicholas played guitar, and they both sang.
Eux Autres write compact songs with sparse instrumentation. Their music has been unfairly described as “fun”...



Eux Autres - official site
Eux Autres on Myspace
Eux Autres on Twitter


No comments:

Post a Comment