Thursday, 4 February 2010
1. Which book are you currently reading?
JUST KIDS by Patti Smith
2. Do you smoke?
Only as a metaphor.
3. When was the last time you got angry?
I never get angry.
4. When was the last time you laughed until you cried?
5. Was there a movie that you could not bear to see until its end?
Yes, the movie version of Last Exit To Brooklyn.
6. What character would you have liked to have played?
Janis Joplin in "The Gospel According to Janis"
7. "Law & Order", "Special Victim Unit" or "Criminal Intent"?
Are these band names?
8. Who do you currently have a crush on?
Bartholomew, my teddy bear.
9. What's the best moment of your day?
10. What song of yours do you think is your best?
If I choose one, the others get jealous.
During her 14-year critically acclaimed recordings and collaboration with Swans, Jarboe's voice has been described as acting and also channeling. It can be at turns innocent, knowing, seductive, & vitriolic - contained in melodic as well as experimental compositions.
A primary objective for Jarboe is to close in on the gap in the audience/performer relationship via complete submission and vicarious experience through her performance.
Her work in and outside of the legendary Swans has received international critical attention. A random selection from Jarboe's career post-Swans includes : “Work In Progress” Arts Program rock theatre performances in NYC, Chicago, and Atlanta and the soundtrack for the games “The Path” and “Fatale”.
She has released 20 solo albums in addition to working on 20+ Swans albums and 60+collaborative projects with visual & sound artists all over the world.
Jarboe - official website
Jarboe on Myspace
Swans - official website