Monday, 26 April 2010

KatieJane Garside


1. Which book are you currently reading?
The Alexandria Quartet by Laurence Durrell, the boat I live on is named after a character in this book and Laurence Durrell himself spent time on my boat many years ago before the boat came into my possession

2. Do you smoke?
No but I light fires

3. When was the last time you got angry?
I remain in a regrettably angry state, I do consider however that this is a rational response to where I find my ‘lack of’ self

4. When was the last time you laughed until you cried?
More often my tears turn into laughter, a fine line, the grip of despair seems to find parity in a watershedding hysteria, momentarily presses reset, an orgasm if you can find one is preferable

5. Was there a movie that you could not bear to see until its end?
The exception is the one I do see to its end, recently I saw a film called Zina (about Trotsky’s prophetic daughter), featuring a very young Ian McKellen, the actress playing Zina was extraordinary, she continues to haunt me

6. What character would you have liked to have played?
I am played by many and am desperate to find the singular one who knows her own mind, upon which to hang all my accumulated debris

7. "Law & Order", "Special Victim Unit" or "Criminal Intent"?
No Mans Land

8. Who do you currently have a crush on?
‘Crushed’ oh dear, tiny wild flowers by my boat that came up in the last two days, they are not crushed unlike the duckling that got viserally ‘got’ by a heron

9. What's the best moment of your day?
So called depressive tendencies have to admit this question troubles me, I am compelled to continue on, thats the best I can make of it, to ‘work’ when I can muster can be a balm on troubled waters, my boat is beautiful, the elemental ice, coal, wood, water, fire, the emptying of latrines, to be awake at sunrise, to fall asleep from being tired in a proper way

10. What song of yours do you think is your best?
I abandon each child at birth and head out to sea, I’m told my progeny rarely make it back to the ocean....but perhaps nature does find a way





KatieJane Garside has been at the helm of bands Daisy Chainsaw and Queenadreena, collaborated with a diverse collection of musicians (members of the Sugarcubes, Mínus, Hector Zazou to name but a few) and visual artists and been curator of her own art exhibition; 'Darling, They've Found the Body' at the Woom Gallery in Birmingham.
Most recently KatieJane has been recording and touring as part of Ruby Throat and collaborating with writer and artist Dan Schaffer.



KatieJane Garside on Myspace
Queenadreena - official website
Ruby Throat - official website
Ruby Throat on Myspace


No comments:

Post a Comment