Sunday, 24 October 2010

Robert MacManus of Monarch


1 Which book are you currently reading?
I'm currently reading a book called The Promoters, it's a book about the history of Australian touring and well, promoters basically.
I really like reading biography's and things of a historical nature. Up next is Spray Paint the Walls, the story of Black Flag!

2. Do you smoke?
I used to smoke a lot of pot, for many years. In Australia we mix marijuana with tobacco, so in a sense I guess I did smoke, though I've since quite.

3. When was the last time you got angry?
I tour manage bands for a living and I got angry recently on Dead Meadows Australian tour because the rental car company stuffed up my booking and send my van to a different location, we had to wait around at the airport tired and frustrated for 45 minutes for them to retrieve it. That kind of sucked.

4. When was the last time you laughed until you cried?
On tour recently with Dead Meadow, hands down the funniest and most enjoyable band to tour. Steve Kille their bassist is a bloody comedian.

5. Was there a movie that you could not bear to see until its the end?
Back to the Future, all three films. Best trilogy ever! Star Wars comes in at a close second, then Indiana Jones. Three killer trilogy's.

6. What character would you have liked to have played?
Michael J Fox in Back to the Future, best trilogy ever! I want to go back to the 60's and see the Velvet Underground, John Coltrane Sun Ra and Syd Barett era Pink Floyd, I also want to buy a few vintage Mosrites Ventures, Fender Jazzmasters and a couple of Orange OR120 amps.

7. "Law & Order", "Special Victim Unit" or "Criminal Intent"?
Law and Order hands down, they have Ice T......

8. Who do you currently have a crush on?
Cara Beltrame, she's my spiritual sugar moma. Belinda Butcher from My Bloody Valentine comes in at a close second. After those two there's a few others, but yea, best keeping that shit a secret.

9. What's the best moment of your day?
The period in the morning after you have a nice hot shower and you're making your first cup of coffee of the day, damn near paradise!
I also like the period of the day when you check Ebay and find out you won that record you placed a bid on the night before.

10. What song of yours do you think is your best?
Sabbat Noir by Monarch, that record and piece of music is a major highlight in my musical career.


Robert MacManus on Myspace
Monarch on Myspace


No comments:

Post a Comment