Tuesday, 24 May 2011
1. Which book are you currently reading?
A Confederacy of Dunces.
2. Do you smoke?
Yes, off and on. At the moment, on. I need an e-cig damn it.
3. When was the last time you got angry?
I don't get angry very often. I can't even remember.
4. When was the last time you laughed until you cried?
It's been a while, time to put in the Neil Hamburger dvd.
5. Was there a movie that you could not bear to see until its end?
Antichrist by Lars von Trier. I loved Dancer in the Dark but Antichrist was too much!
6. What character would you have liked to have played?
Boxy Brown from Aqua Teen Hunger Force.
7. "Law & Order", "Special Victim Unit" or "Criminal Intent"?
I haven't had a chance to see these but based on my friends addiction I'll say L&O.
8. Who do you currently have a crush on?
This 18th Century table in the library. The legs are....wow.
9. What's the best moment of your day?
The best moment was waking up and seeing the support on my kickstarter pledge drive for an upcoming project I have planned entitled "Severance Songs".
10. What song of yours do you think is your best?
A recent one. The Great Kaboom. I got a demo of it up here.
Robert Gomez is a songwriter, multi-instrumentalist musician from Denton, TX recently relocated to the Northwest. Besides writing and performing his own music he has performed both live and on recordings with numerous other artists including Sarah Jaffe, John Grant, Centro-matic, Norah Jones, Omar Faruk Tekbilek, and Tico da Costa/ Phillip Glass.
He has toured extensively throughout Europe and the United States under his own name and has performed the Les Nuits Secretes and La Route du Rock festivals in France, on NPR's World Cafe live with David Dye and in the studio at Day Trotter (daytrotter.com).
Robert's duo with Anna-Lynne Williams (Trespassers William, Lotte Kestner), Ormonde, is releasing their first record, Machine, this late summer (2011) on the Portland-based label, Home-Tapes.
Currently, Robert is on the road touring in Sarah Jaffe's band and recording a new solo record; Severance Songs.
Robert Gomez - official website
Robert Gomez on Bandcamp